Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days of Grateful... Day 7

Yesterday my sister took us into Dallas to see some of the sights. We went on a Trolly ride, ate some delicious Gellato, had breakfast for dinner, and saw some old historic areas which were beautiful. However there was one specific part of the day that made my heart full and happy, and soooooo grateful. Mark and I were able to have lunch with a friend from SAIPAN! Ms. Tamiko Winkfield! It was soooooo wonderful and such a blessing to see Tami's smiling face again!

Tami is currently in her last year at Dallas Theological Seminary, will graduate in May and then head back to Saipan to continue teaching at Saipan Community School. She was the 5th grade teacher while I was the 3rd grade teacher there.

It was wonderful to catch up with her; she was super excited to see Hatley and completely shocked at how big she was, and especially when she said, "Tami!"

We certainly do miss our island family and it was soooooo wonderful to have a peace of it, even if it was just for a small time.

Thanks God for making my heart happy and full!


(The picture above was one of the last pictures Tami and I got together while we were in Saipan. I had to steal it off my facebook page for the time being. We did get a picture together yesterday, but I still haven't uploaded any pictures from our trip... soon I will, once we are done enjoying our family Vacay!)

No comments: