Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, November 18, 2011

30 Days of Grateful... Day 14 (just another to slip in)

My first third grade class at Saipan Community School. I sure do miss this kids!
Going into my classroom for the first time, after arriving on Saipan in 2008 and receiving my keys.

Today I am thankful for Christ and his plan for me. When I began college back in 2003, I started off as an Interior design major. Though I still love this area, I knew if I married Mark I would live in a small community, and I also knew, it was not for me, as far as a profession goes. So I transferred to the college of Education, to obtain a degree in k-12 Art education. I received my degree in december 2007.

After graduating, and going through student teaching, I was just floating, subbing here and there. I landed a full time sub position at Washtucna Elementary School in the 3/4 grade. It was instant. I fell in love with teaching elementary, which as a little girl, I had dreamed about. Who knew what God was preparing me for? Not me! When Mark and I called Saipan Community School to find out about job opportunities, guess what position was open? 3rd grade!

Teaching 3rd grade at SCS for two years was amazing! Yes I had bad days, and complained, but I loved teaching; I loved my job. Who gets to say that?

Well since being home I have not landed any dream job.... but today I am thankful that I know what my dream job is... it is teaching elementary education. Maybe someday I will get back there, after some more schooling, but I am just thankful that God put Kahlotus, Washtucna and Saipan in my life, to show me and teach me about my dream.... But as for now, I am thankful I am living one of my other Life long dreams.... being a mommy. I am so thankful for my miracle girl and living this dream come true.

No comments: