Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

30 Days of Grateful... Day 7


Each and every day I am thankful for God's direction in our lives. Yes, I do have those days, many days, where I want to be in full control and feel as though I am. But there are those days where I sit back, relax and enjoy God's amazing ride for my life; which I need to do much more often!

One very special instance where I finally sat back and enjoyed the ride was when I knew God wanted Mark and I to go to this little island out in the Pacific Ocean, and I had fought it for so many months before... but when I finally let go.... It was one of the most special blessings!

Saipan was home for two years, and we made some amazing friends, and they turned into family. I see their photos now on facebook and I get homesick. Homesick for the island that changed my life, homesick for the family I made there, homesick for the delicious food, homesick for the weather (espcially now with winter upon us), homesick for my outdoor church, homesick for the job I loved, homesick for the island where we welcomed our miracle baby, homesick for my home away from home.

Saipan will always be home, and I will always miss it. AND I will always be grateful and thankful for God taking over the driver's seat and allowing me to sit back and enjoy the ride to a place I never would have dreams so wonderful.

Thanks God!

No comments: