Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Must read for Mommies.

For Christmas my mom gave me a book... I like reading, but I dont do it very often, because of time, and usually I honestly forget about reading... but the last few nights before I go to bed I have looked at my pile of books sitting next to my bed that I have wanted to get through for a very long time... to show you how long, I have a book by Sophie Kinsella that has been sitting on my night stand since we moved into this house... even longer, it sat on my night stand for the whole last year in Saipan... when did I start reading it? The summer we came home to visit, yes summer of 2009... and to make things worse, there are only like 30 pages left of the book and then I will be done ... sad I know...

Anyway, to get back to the bright side of this post, I was looking at this book mom gave me for Christmas, and I am not really a person for "self-help" books, but I picked it up the other night and gave it a try and it is AMAZING! Here is what the back of the book says:

"As moms were love to serve and nourish our families. But if we don't learn to rest and recieve, we run on empty and end up not being the moms we so desperatly want to be. Taking care of the ME in Mommy will show you how to take care of yourself: spirit, body, and soul."
I just made it through the introduction, and the first point in the book: Your spirit; Breath in God, Exhale his spirit... this point was all about incorporating his word into our daily lives, but not making it another thing to cross off on our to do list... for example, finding a verse about your lips or mouth, and relate that to lipstick. Put this verse on your mirror and as your putting on lipstick in the morning, read it... not only will you see it everyday, but you'll end up memorizing it without even trying...

I know I havent gotten to far into the book, but so far, I am in love, everything I have read so far, I know I can incorporate into my life without making it part of my do list... I am sure I will be sharing more as I read... please pray I keep reading =) hehe.

If your a momma, I recommend this book to you!

If you are going to be a mama, read this, and you'll be on top of it once that little bundle arrives!

and Thanks Mom for such a good read!

IF YOU WANT TO GET THIS BOOK, check out http://www.2ndlookbooks.com/ My mom works here it is a used book store that has pretty much any book you are looking for.. sometimes they are out of stock, but they can put your name on the list and once it comes in, its yours!

No comments: