Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Its Been a Long Time Coming...

Blog Stocker. Okay, that makes it sound horrible, I am not a blog stocker... okay, well maybe a little, especially when it comes to a blog that I love, and take fabulous ideas away from... LemonTree3 is one of my favs. A gal that Mark and I went to Slovenija with, back in 2004 with Campus Crusade for Christ, has this blog with a couple of her friends. I first found it on facebook, and have followed it ever since. 

One of the things I have come away with from this blog is the project I am about to show you... which I stole from them, which they stole from someone else, which that person stole from someone else, are you following me? Anyway, as a note, this was not my idea or my genius, though I wish I could say it was... The original idea came from this blog site: Living with Lindsey (or atleast I'd like to think the original came from here =)
I started our shopping at the Dollar Store. I already had the Hot Glue, Glue Gun, Ribbon, and some left over paint from college, but all those you can find cheaply at Michaels or Joanne's, probably even Walmart. At the Dollar store I purchased a styro foam 10" wreath, and two books. So really in all this project, if I had purchased them all together, minus the glue gun, probably cost me around $10. Not bad...
When I arrived home, I painted the side of the pages with the paint ( I used a brown, but I am sure you could use any color... it just adds a little pop!) I then ripped out each individual page...
I then began rolling the pages in any which way I could think of and hot gluing them down onto the wreath. (PS: if your thinking making this, go to the tutorial LemonTree3 followed: Living with Lindsey. They have a step by step, detail by detail tutorial =)
Continued to roll and glue, until my wreath was full from the back to the front, from the inside to the outside....

and....

TA DA! 
My Book wreath! Now the problem with our house is that it is a small older home, built in the early 1900's. So the walls are small. I intended for this to be hung in our living room, but from whatever way you entered the living room it looked like I giant ball of fluff sticking out of the side... so, I found the perfect, and the only place to hang it in our home. In our bedroom we have a little inlet in the wall, and it worked perfectly, plus I had been wondering what in the world I was going to hang there =)
So, my giant ball of fluff, yes I was disappointed at first, has come and proven itself to me. It was fun to make, took forever, but I do love the end results. Thanks Lemontree3 for stealing the idea and sharing with the rest of us!

No comments: