Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

Chirp. Chirp!

For Christmas my mom got me this adorable and vintage-esque metal calendar... I loved it from the moment I saw it at one of my fav. little stores, High Country Orchard, which is located in one of my favorite places in the world, Green Bluff, which is just north of Spokane. Anyway, I loved this from seeing it in the store, and when I opened it for Christmas i was so excited. However, I got the point, where it continued to sit on my dinning table, asking me "When and Where are you going to hang me?"

Now the end of February, I have found a home... however it was with help.
In the center you can see the Metal calendar... surrounding it is other bird decor, which I picked up at Prune Orchard, a sweet little boutique located on Main street in Pullman.
 
 At Prune Orchard I picked up a pack of 4 sweet little gift tags, containing some sweet pictures of different birds, and sweet little canvas print with a bird, of course. My problem though, was what am I going to do with these tags? Well after a trip to the 99 cents store, and a little painting of the frames, my tags were ready.



 They look so sweet in these now black frames, with a little green scrapbooking paper behind... 

Time to finally hang the Bird Calendar.

 
 See it on the wall with two of the framed Tags?
 
 and two more tags with the canvas bird print on the shelves in the kitchen.... I didn't really have it in mind to go with a bird theme in my kitchen, but I am starting to like it =)



What new ideas and do-it-yourself projects have you been playing with to spice up your home decor?

PS: Thanks mama for the beautiful calendar and the inspiration for a fun new kitchen!

No comments: