Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

And the Training Continues...

This past weekend Mark competed in his first full Enticer Triathalon. It is about half of the distance of a normal Triathalon, which Mark will be competing in on March 13! EXTERRA Saipan, 2010!

Mark has been training like a mad man since the beginning of January, and it is exciting to see how far he has come and just how much he loves all the activity. He has been training at least 4 to 5 days a week, sometimes that include a bike, swim and a run, or sometimes just one of the events.

He did really well this weekend at the enticer, and I was glad I got up at 5:30 to go and watch him... I was also there to clock people in at the end of the race.... But, I was very proud and he did very well! He did the whole race in about 2 hours and 15 seconds! His goal for the Exterra race is to have a time under 4.5 hours... I think he can do it! He has one month left to train!

We were joking about his training the other night. He has alog going to see how much he is training and he was saying that for everytime he writes down a time, I should write down how much Ice cream I ate while he was out training =) I totally would, but I think I would be embarassed to how much I am loving ice cream right now =) Hopefully it won't catch up to me in the end.... =)
All the competitors of Saturday Morning's Enticer Race... Mark is in the middle with no shirt on standing next to our good friend Russ.
Getting ready, waiting for the whistle!
And they are off! Mark said underwater it sounds pretty crazy with that many people swimming around you!
Mark coming in from the the swim, now to run up to the car, dry off a little, throw on his shoes, jersey and helmet, and off on the bike!
Transitioning to the Bike. GO #12!

And he is off, I was quite impressed with this photo, Mark usually isnt a multi-tasker, but he was doing pretty well here adjusting his helmet and biking at the same time =) Just Kidding Marko!
Our Good friend Russ was about 10 minutes ahead of Mark, here he is taking off on his run!

This was a Christmas gift Mark gave me to read to our little girl as she grows up, so while I was waiting for competitors to come in, Coco and I had a good time sitting back and reading... I must say, I cant wait to read this to her again when she is sitting next to me =)
And Mark is off on the Run! I can't believe all the competitors were smiling, I would be crying =)Maybe thats why they are in the race and I am not.
The Enticer was held at Pau Pau Beach, a beautiful beach with beautiful snorkeling. Remember this place Mom and Dad Sawyer/Oliver?
And he is back! Crossing the finish line! Congrats Mark on finishing the race and having great time! Coco and I are certainly glad we got up early to watch you! We can't wait to cheer you on at EXTERRA! We are very proud of our hubby/daddy!

No comments: