Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

"I told you so...."

So as some of you have heard from my facebook status that Mark took a little spill yesterday on his mountain bike... Well here is my side of the story...
Mark wanted to go biking because he is training for a triathalon that will take place in March... and I was okay with it, but I did say..."Are you sure you want to go? It's been raining and the coral roads are pretty slick..?" "No, I am okay he said, I'll be good..." Was he good? No. About 30 minutes after he had left he pulled up in front of the house on his bike, which kinda confused me, because usually he is gone for about 2 hours... so I walked outside and had one look and this is what I saw.....


First reaction, "Mark! Are you okay? What happened? Get inside so we can clean you up...!" Second reaction.... "I told you so....."

Mark is doing pretty well, he only had a slight headache but it was his face that took most of it... this morning he woke up and looked at me and I couldn't help by laugh histarically, his lip was HUGE! But all is well, it is healing, and he will have some scarring, and a pretty lame story to go with it =) hehe.

Mark's Version of the story:

first off, there is nothing lame about mountain biking and scars... but I will admit my story isn't that cool. I was just going too fast on a wet paved road (made from coral) and wet coral conditions can be similar to driving on ice (whether you are in a car or I quickly found out, on a bicycle) So the scoop is I tried to cut a corner at a 90 degree intersection to keep up my speed and my bicycle didn't keep it's traction and my face felt it would soften the blow to the rest of my body by hitting the ground first.

As I sat up and assessed the damage I had a handful of blood from my face, but once I cleaned it up with my super organized bicycle pouch of toilet paper and bandaides, I started to continue on my trip... once I noticed how much my eye was starting to swell I decided to turn back and head home (just incase it swelled shut)... in the end it turned out being just a flesh wound and I should have kept riding....

Brittany: See, I told you it was lame. But, I am glad he came home and we were able to clean him up =)
Mark this morning...

No comments: