Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So Close to the End... of the First Trimester that is...


I am officially 12 weeks and 5 days along!


Our little one is roughly about the size of a fresh plum (2 1/2 inches from rump to crown), and growing rapidly!
Yesterday we had the biggest appointment thus far, and it truely put my heart and mind at ease... for now. Yesterday after school Mark picked me up from work and we headed to the doctor's. When we arrived in the exam room, I thought we would be doing another physical, etc. But nope, we simply sat back, relaxed anxiously, and waited, and waited, and waited to hear the heart beat. Our little one is already ornery... Coconut was hiding way in the back about it took about 10 min. for our Doctor to find that rapidly beating heart beat... But she didn't give up... and when she did find it, it was absolutly amazing! We were able to listen to it for abotu 5 minutes, and what an experience, it truely made it a realization that there is something in there. =)
My body has slowly been getting back to "normal." I do not have morning sickness as much, but it does like to sneak up on me quite quickly... I am beginning to slow down on the eating, and gaining a little more energy.... But still pretty tired... and recently my tummy hasn't been as large, which I am guessing because I haven't been a bloated =).
The picture above was taken on a bloated day, and after two slices of pizza, so take this with a grain of salt... My doctor said at the next appointment, which is Dec. 2, she should be seeing alittle pouch....
Yesterday, to make the day even more real, we recieved our first baby gift, from Coconut's Auntie Kara.... It was a wonderful treat for the day! Diapers, pacifiers, burp clothes, feeding blankets, a rattle, and a beautiful Vera Bradley Diaper Bag (maybe if our wee one is a girl, we can get her hooked early to a Kappa Delta "must have.") hehe. Thank You Auntie Kara! Your beautiful gift could not have come on a better day!
Thanksgiving is coming up! And we are pretty excited for the wonderful meal with our island family! Also- the day after Thanksgiving, my friends Jackie and Kristie and I are headed to Guam for a 2 day girls shopping trip.... Which means my goal is to find summer maternity clothes at cheap cheap prices =) But I am excited to get off our little island, head to a bigger island, and feel a little bit more Americanized! Chilies we are headed to you for dinner! Ohhhhh and dont forget Wendy's, Macy's, Ross, yes... I am ready and soooooo excited!
While I am away, Mark and Jake (Jackie's hubby) are hoping to head to our neighboring island, Tinian to do a 2 day trip of biking and camping. Tinian is much small then Saipan, but has some great War history, for instance it is where the Anolagay too off... the atomic bomb... It will be good for all of us to have a girly-girl and manly-man weekend!
It certainly isn't getting any cooler like it is back home. Mark just checked the temp. currently for Spokane and it said 38 degree's... Oh how I long for that! I know, i should be loving this heat... but it dosen't make for a very festive fall or Christmas, BUT, thanks to all of our wonderful friends who sent us care packages this year and last, our house is looking quite like fall on the inside =)
We love you all and miss you very much! We are counting down the days until our little one is here, and then adding roughly 40 days until we can stand on the soil of the beautiful Northwest! We can't wait to be home! BUT FIRST, Australia for Christmas with Aunt Betty! We can't wait!
Love,
M, B, and Coconut.

No comments: