Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

15 Down, Roughly 25 Weeks To Go...


We can not believe how fast the last 8 weeks have gone. We found our we were expecting a little one at 7 weeks along, and now here we are 8 weeks later, 15 weeks along. Time has certainly flown by, which is both very exciting and a little be overwhelming.

For about the last two weeks, I have been feeling much better. I gladly welcome the 2nd trimester! It has certainly been good to me. I have not had as much morning sickness, I really haven't had any, until the last two days, but it doesn't last long, and for that I am very thankful. I also have been able to make it most of the days without a nap, and am going to bed a little later now, 9:15! Running to the bathroom, and constant hunger pains though, have not subsided, but I can live with those =)

As time is getting closer, though when I talk about it, it feels like years away. There is so much to do, discover and decide. We have our 16 week appointment next Tuesday, and we are eager to hear how our little coconut is doing. We are praying for a healthy update. We also, we hopefully (crossing our fingers) with in the next month, get to find out whether our little one will be a boy or a girl! Mark and I both have dreamed of a little boy, but we are both getting the gut feeling it is a girl..... Either way, just healthy and I will be happy!

We recently have started looking at different things we will soon need to be purchasing, car seat, clothing, diapers, pacifiers, etc.... and it is exciting and scary all at the same time. This weekend, the day after Thanksgiving, I will be headed to Guam with a few friends for shopping, and am excited to pick out some cute maternity clothes, and baby gear... Thanks to Grandma Judy, Grandpa Garry, Grandma Betty, and Grandpa John!

Mark has been an amazing daddy/hubby throughout the pregnancy thus far, doing extra chores around the house that I would usually do, making sure I am not over doing it, and recently, which warms my heart the most, is at night when we are in bed and about ready to shut the lights off, he comes over to my belly (that doesnt seem to be any bigger, until I look in pictures) lifts up my shirt, kisses it, talks to our little one, and is reading the Max Lucado Children's treasury book to it. Listening to him read it, in such a kinda and gentle voice, just makes me melt. I can not wait to see Mark as a daddy, holding his little one, and reading to it! Only 5 or so months to go.

We love you little Coconut!

1 comment:

Halo-halo Life said...

I can't get over how you call you baby a little coconut. That is SO adorable.