Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Goal... REALLY?

I know, I suck, just say it. =) I have tired blogging each and everyday like I said I would, but I do have two good excuses, well a few more then two.... 1) It was Marks birthday weekend, so we werent even home. 2) I have an almost 9 month old. and finally 3) My stupid, hunk of chunk computer keeps randomly shutting down... So I havent been uploading pictures to it, I have been saving everything on a hard drive, and praying it can hold on just a little longer... do you blame me for not blogging?

Well as my blogging goal has started going down the drain, so has something else, another goal... and I better get better at sticking to my goals, because unlike my blogging goal and not sticking to it, I have no choice in the other.


.... BLOOMSDAY 2011....

Yes, I said Bloomsday, aka Doomsday.

Mark and I have been talking about this for months, and yesterday Mark said, Oh by the way I got the Sunday off of Bloomsday, so guess what we are doing it and there is no way out... yoikes! Guess I am doing it =)

Bloomsday is a 12k (7.46) race... you can walk it, jog it, skip it, whatever your heart longs for, but mine... mine is longing to run it, most of it. I havent run a full mile since highschool... and now I am facing more then 7. Bloomsday takes place in Spokane, WA, my hometown on May 1... which means I have exactly 95 days to get my rear end into gear, on the treadmill, and running 7+ miles... Lord help me.


So today, I ask for encouragment and prayers! I am going to need all I get!

Come to think of it, if I run Bloomsday in 95 days, that means Hatley turns 1 in 94! Oh Lord, I do need your help more then I know =)


Off to eat some cookies, have a coke, and watch The Bachelor =)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You can totally do it!!! I trained for an 8K in about 2 months or so and did it without walking...not the best but it was MY personal best!
Who do you want to win on the Bachelor? I really don't like Michelle and want Emily to win!!

Shelle and Dan said...

You can do this! I'm planning on doing WSU's Campus on the Run 5k in March. Wanna run with me?

Jake and Jackie said...

O Brit - you totally got it! No worries.
It only takes 21 days to make a habit. And you now have 94 days to accomplish that - no problem! Start slow with walking then every week add a little more running time til you elimante all walking time and then just keep working on that running! :)
Plus you'll FEEL great after those first couple sore days - and you LOOK great. Believe Running TOTALLY pays off.
:)
LOVE YA!

Unknown said...

That's awesome I want to do it too!