Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

35 weeks & Barefoot and Pregnant

Last Friday we hit 35 weeks! Can't believe we are almost there! And this Friday it will be 36 weeks! Yikes!

We had our doctor appointment this last Tuesday and our dr. looked at me and said, "Wow, you have dropped..." With that she wanted to do an internal exam... and she said I was pretty ready as far as mommy to go, and Baby was head down, she was able to feel her head too, which means we are definitely ready. She said all I have to do is start dialating and we will be on our way!

She also said it would be a huge shock if I made it to 40 weeks! She was guessing about 2 more weeks, but gave us the paper work for the hospital in case we didn't make it to our appointment next week! It is still hard for me to believe that she could be here any time now... and so early, but the doc said it was perfect! And we needed to go home and get prepared...

So we have her bag packed, and tonight we are packing ours and installing the car seat! I am not getting my hopes up that we will meet her this week, or next, but I guess you never know... if we don't go into labor before next Tuesday, we will find out at our next appointment =).

Other then that, on Monday night I was cooking dinner and Mark realized that I was bare foot, pregnant and standing next to the stove, so when he asked me to turn around, this is what he did... he took a photo... I think he is a pretty proud daddy! So here is my 35 week photo...
I am feeling great so far! A little on the crampy side, and it is truely getting harder to sleep at night, but for the most part, I can't complain. This little girl has been spoiling mama through this pregnancy but being sooooo sweet... will it last after she is here? =)

We have a baby shower this weekend with my Saipan Community School team and are looking forward to another celebration of this little life!

Prayers for a safe and QUICK delivery are much appreciated =)

We will keep you updated!

Love,
M, B, and Coconut!

2 comments:

Shelle and Dan said...

Yay! I'm glad things are going so well. You look fabulous, you're healthy, you're staying positive. Yup, pretty much you're doing everything perfectly right. This post makes me think of what I was going through a year ago and makes me so happy to have our little Bean here. We love her so much and I know you and Mark are going to fall head over heels in love with your Coconut and be great parents.

Deece said...

Exciting! I pray that all goes well.