Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Negative-Postive




Pretty pictures huh? These are not pictures I took, but just imagine these little creatures in your house... crawling in bags of cereal that have not been opened... eating a crumb you dropped 5 minutes ago and forgot to pick up.... attacking your garbage can if you don't take it out each day...
Well Mark, Coconut and I don't imagine them... we live with them!
You may be asking what I spent my morning doing on the first day of spring break.... Well, I will tell you. KILLING ANTS!
In our apartment at the school last year we were always fighting ants, and I got very used to it... it became no big deal... but this year in our house up on the hill, all we have had to fight were carpenter ants, the big ones, but they only come out at night and usually die overnight. No Idea why, so it is mostly us sweeping them up and throwing them out...
But in the last week, we have been so lucky to be graced with the presence of sugar ants and black ants... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
So this is the Negative. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate ants. I got so used to living ant free for the most part up on the hill... however... they are now visiting. AND hopefully not for long...
The positive... It took me a minute to think of a positive, but I did think of one. In 3 months we will be leaving Saipan, hard to go, but so excited too, and living back on the beautiful Palouse of Idaho. Where ANTS do not attack your house... I can finally leave the peanut butter, cereal, bread, chips, spices, and candy out on the counter and not in the refridgerator! =) Oh am I going to enjoy that or what?
SO... HERE is to ANTS DYING ON SAIPAN... Now I have to run and kill a few more, and for the time being we may be ant free for an hour or so...
(disclaimer: We dont have them full on attacking our house, just the kitchen, and it is not overwhelmingly gross, just annoying. =). )


1 comment:

Suzanne Holling said...

Cheers to you for killing ANTS!!!! ARRRRGGGGGG